By Robert Campbell – Master Baker OX RABBIT
This is has got to be one of my top flavour combinations, Dark Chocolate & Coconut. I first came across it in a mud cake, back in 2013 when we were in London. Iain almost died when he saw this cake, but unfortunately, it wasn’t Gluten Free. So for his 30th Birthday I set about creating my own version of Coconut Mud Cake.
- 325gm Butter
- 325gm Dark Chocolate (Min 70%)
- 5 Eggs (Free Range 55gms)
- 250gm Sour Cream
- 100ml Coconut Oil
- 150gm Brown Sugar
- 150gm Coconut Sugar
- 300gm Plain Flour (Can use Gluten Free Plain Flour)
- 5gm Bi-carb
- 5gm Baking Powder
- 50gm Moist Coconut Flakes
Cake Tin Needed 24cm Springform
Prep time 15min
Baking Time 45-55min
Preheat oven to 165o
- In mixing bowl combine Brown Sugar, Coconut Sugar, Flour, Bicarb and Baking Powder. Using a whisk to combine.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter and chocolate together.
- Whisk eggs, sour cream and coconut oil until combined.
- Add all WET ingredients with DRY ingredients until combined.
- Mix in the moist coconut flakes.
- Pour in to the cake pan, place in Oven.
Line the sides of the cake pan to stop the sides from burning,
Place a sheet of baking paper of the top of the cake to stop the cake getting to hard and burnt on top.
Don’t forget to share your photos with us, using the hashtag #myoxrabbit