By Robert Campbell – Executive Baker OX RABBIT
A mouth-watering Salted Caramel Fudge that is sure to be a hit amongst all your loved ones. The sweet caramel is perfectly paired with the punch of the sea salt flakes.
- 240ml sweetened condensed milk
- 180g brown sugar
- 115g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g good quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- sea salt
- Medium saucepan
- 20x30cm Lined baking tray
- Line a 20cm baking tin with baking paper, making sure the sides are smooth to get an even finish.
- In a medium saucepan, add sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, butter and golden syrup. Stir together on a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Turn the heat up to medium, continue to stir until the mixture is simmering and starts to thicken. This may take a while, 5 – 6 minutes. Remove the caramel mixture from the heat and stir in the white chocolate.
- Pour the combined fudge into the prepared tin. Smooth the top with a knife, then sprinkle sea salt all over the top.
- Place into the fridge and allow 3 – 4 hours for fudge to completely set. Once set, use a warm sharp knife to cut into thick squares to serve.