Candy Cane CookiesShare on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on print Print Share on email Email Share on pinterest Pinterest
By Robert Campbell – Master Baker OX RABBIT
Our OX RABBIT signature giant choc chip cookies with a festive season twist! Perfect to share amongst family of all ages & a great way to start the school holidays.
- 250g Lurpak Salted Butter at room temperature
- 500g CSR brown sugar
- 500g plain flour
- 7g baking powder
- 2 large free range eggs
- 150g chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon mint essence
- 12 candy canes
- Mixing bowl
- 2x Large lined baking tray
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Using a kitchen mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the brown sugar and butter until well combined and fluffy, then add one egg at a time. Mix slowly.
- Add 1 teaspoon of mint essence and baking powder, continue to mix slowly until just combined.
- Roll the dough into 12 even shaped balls and split over 2 large baking trays, bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until browned on the edges.
- After taking them out of the over, immediately place the candy canes onto each cookie. Allow to cool and set, before serving with a glass of milk.