Dad’s Crunchy HoneycombShare on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on print Print Share on email Email Share on pinterest Pinterest
By Robert Campbell – Master Baker OX RABBIT
A crunchy tasty OX RABBIT take on Honeycomb in time to treat your Dad this Father’s Day… or yourself & the best bit… just 4 ingredients.
- 300g White sugar
- 150g Golden syrup
- 300g Chocolate
- 35g Bi-carb soda
- Large saucepan
- 20x30cm Lined baking tray
- 1x Microwavable bowl
- Heat the golden syrup over a low heat in the saucepan until it becomes a thin liquid.
- Add in the sugar and stir into the melted golden syrup over a low heat until all the sugar granules have completely dissolved.
- Turn the heat up to medium and watch carefully for the colour of the mixture to change into a dark amber. Once it’s a dark amber in colour, the mix is almost at a rolling boil.
- Add in the bi-carb and stir vigorously, the mix will bubble up. Once thoroughly stirred in, quickly pour it into the lined baking tray. Allow to cool for at least 2 hours before breaking up.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second bursts in the microwave, then either dip or drizzle over the honeycomb and allow to set.
- Store in an airtight container for a day.
- Remove, bite in and enjoy!